Tabula Rasa Healthcare– TRHC is a family of companies that leverages technology to improve healthcare. TRHC works with providers and insurers to identify multi-drug interactions and to reduce risk of medication-related problems. We have developed the first multi-drug interaction tool that identifies risk across a variety of safety factors and presents meaningful opportunities to mitigate that risk. This technology can be used to assess safety at the individual patient-level or to stratify medication risk at the population-level, and can be embedded within any EMR or other healthcare IT system.
A Tabula Rasa Healthcare Co., CareKinesis, is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer II to contribute to our cloud-based medication decision-support and e-prescribing platform team, EireneRx.
EireneRx is the source of patient demographics and medication information between Nurses, Prescribers, Technicians, and Pharmacists. From on demand and automated messaging, to medication entry & e-prescribing with clinical analysis and recommendations, to detailed and high level reporting across the board - EireneRx is the all in one place for clinical interactions between our clients and our pharmacy. EireneRx primarily serves the Program for All-inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), and has been reducing healthcare costs and improving patients' lives since 2010.
The candidate selected for this role will work together with a Scrum team to take requirements through the development lifecycle and transform into high quality, valuable deliverables. As a Software Engineer II, he or she will take a paramount role in cultivating technical guidance, architecture, best practices as well as assisting the team and growth through mentorship.
- Participation and ownership in all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging software applications and services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with integrating them with our infrastructure.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with Product Team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Design, develop and implement solutions around both a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or related practical experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study(preferred)
- 2-5 years of professional software development experience.
- Expertise in two or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience in Healthcare Technology (preferred)
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and passionate about building quality software.
- Ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions around a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.
- Experience using platform provided tools preferred (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, New Relic, Sentry).
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus. (Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Familiarity with ontologies such as SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, NDC a plus.
- Fast paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- New office located on Shem Creek.
- Flexibility to work remote when warranted.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested. (on-site private shower)
- Celebrating success!