At Varen, our performance is measured by the success of our clients, and our reputation for service, superior quality, objectivity, integrity and results. Our reputation is everything to us as we are committed to being a trusted advisor to our nation’s decision makers in a day in age that demands acute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Varen is seeking to add the sharpest technical professionals who share our passion for ensuring the mission success of our customers at all times
Serve as a System Administrator performing systems and software applications administration activities. Candidate will have experience supporting environments that operate Linux and Windows servers hosted in both a local area network and the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) environments. Candidate will have experience and be knowledgeable in configuration, installation, deployment, and maintenance of system and software applications (including database support, web services support, network support, etc.).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience in systems administration tasks including scripting, monitoring, auditing, and logging activities.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience in working multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience providing advice and guidance on new and prototype applications.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience coordinating and interacting with team members including data scientists, programmers/developers, and other system administrators.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities for current and planned systems.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience running Linux (RedHat), and/or Windows Sever(s)2008, 2012, and/or 2016 operating systems.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting network and system environments including Cisco based routers and switches, McAfee Sidewinder Firewall, IP encryption, IP port filtering, automated system and OS patching, Network Attached Storage (NAS) arrays, terminal and printer servers, and VMware.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting software applications residing in this environment include: Kapow, GIT, Redmine, Ruby on Rails, Cassandra, Datastax, MySQL, NoSQL, Nagios, Splunk, ArcGIS, Apache, MediaWiki, SharePoint, Revolution R, MATLAB, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office, and other custom applications and object-based software packages.
Varen Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants receive lawful consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.