Mid- Level Developer
Come work for a high-growth company where you can thrive in our highly collaborative teams, and where everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization. You should desire to work in a fast moving and adaptive environment but with the stability, compensation and benefits of a successful company.
Adwerx is on the lookout for a Full Stack Developer with a Rails background to join our team. In this role, you’ll help us take our mature (and in some cases brand-new) codebases and apply your skills for creating maintainable and efficient code to an organization that is focused on development best practices and standards. Help us deal with the rapid adoption of our product and make our Rails app the best it could possibly be. We’re looking for good developers and great people, not brogrammers, rock stars or ninjas.
What You’ll Do:
What You Should Have:
- Design and implement high quality and elegant SaaS software for desktop, mobile web, and REST APIs.
- Collaborate directly with product management, marketing, and design teams on new product features. Our developers are in tune with our customers and the business requirements, not just code.
- Author architectural documents, conduct design meetings for your code, provide code review feedback for your peers and be an overall great collaborator with the other developers on the team.
- Help us scale our technology and build new enterprise features that will help power a fast growing portion of our business.
- Optimize our database so the enormous amount of data we have remains fast and scalable.
- Design and build out new interfaces for our responsive front end using React, Redux, and Bootstrap 4.
- Build tools to make our internal processes better and our development jobs easier.
- Be a part of the decision making process for every aspect of the company, not just technology. We encourage everyone to be plugged-in to the entire business and to chip in with ideas and action when they see opportunities to help.
What You’ll Get:
- Experience designing and developing web applications with large customer bases.
- A strong familiarity of Ruby on Rails or at least other OO programming languages.
- Exposure to working in distributed systems.
- Experience with React, Redux and bootstrap is a plus.
- Strong belief in the importance of applying modern programming patterns in an MVC environment. Experience in service-oriented API architecture a big plus.
- High attention to detail and pride in producing high-quality software.
- Passion for learning about and developing with new technologies, coupled with a pragmatism about using the right tool for the job.
- Naturally drawn to collaboration, open to feedback, and work hard at conveying constructive feedback in a way that doesn't put others on the defensive.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly with our growing and ever-changing business.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, Agile-esque development organization.
- A test-driven mindset and commitment to refactoring and tuning.
- Competitive salary and potential for equity.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- A state of the art office located at American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC which includes a fully stocked snack, drinks, and coffee area, and paid parking.
- A collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- The opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented leaders, developers, marketers and designers.
- The ability to help define the foundational technology that will power the growth of our business
- An environment that fosters transparency and the company vision through monthly company updates, happy hours and full disclosure
- Flexible work scheduling