Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us create a new type of eCommerce and community experience that delivers value to the user beyond selling physical products, adding meaningful economic value for the brand in the process. This is one of our first in-house software development roles at Lovevery working on current and future technology platform and features.
We are looking for a talented, senior-level engineer to lead us in building innovative and scalable software solutions alongside a cross-functional Agile team responsible for the eCommerce platform and digital product offerings. The right person will have a passion for demonstrating ownership in designing and solving for complex problems and doing so with an autonomous, collaborative team focused on fast-paced delivery using rapid, continuous development methods. If you are an experienced software developer, ideally in the consumer space and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- Full-Stack View - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to security and the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust and scalable way and developing a test suite to prevent regressions that will impact customers experience with Lovevery.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset - Not afraid of new technologies, lean testing, pair programming and willing to learn new things in order to achieve continuous improvements.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding eCommerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Scalability-Focused - As one of the first in-house Software Engineers for Lovevery, your vision and execution of the digital platform will lay the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products and create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our users. You’ll champion delivering customer and business requirements in a way that will grow with the business.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Product Management and will grow with the company as the team scales. This is an important position for us, and we are only interested in top candidates who can grow with the business and can serve as a technical leader as the company grows.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality code that delivers against the business objectives.
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives, architecting and delivering simple solutions to complex requests.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Continually evolve the system platform to meet customer and business needs.
- Act as a mentor and excellent teammate for other engineers fostering and supporting a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Deliver new and existing product and platform features.
- Drive standards on code quality, security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 7+ years in a software engineering role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- You have familiarity with CI/CD, Redis, ElasticSearch, NoSQL, Rabbitmq or other messaging solution, a plus.
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS.
- You have familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks such as XUnit, Selenium, etc.
- You have familiarity with Docker or any other containerization product and microservices architectures.
- You have opinions about best practices for data models and extracting/aggregating data for BI.
- You have an ability to evaluate make vs buy decisions and provide a recommendation.
- You are a highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are self-driven taking complete ownership of your tasks and championing efforts to drive solutions.
- You thrive in your ability to solve complex challenges.
- You have an ability to balance user and business impact that has been informed over the years by shipping creative and highly successful consumer tech products.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.