CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by veteran serial entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), a leading publicly traded consumer financial services company. Unlike traditional banks, CreditNinja works hard to ensure that people with less-than-perfect credit can have quick access to the money they need.
QA Automation Engineer
CreditNinja is seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join our development team, which consists of five developers and one senior QA automation engineer. This person will report directly to the VP of R&D. This person will work with fellow engineers and directly with the business to ensure that development projects ship meeting requirements with little to no breaking changes. The right person for this role will be comfortable manually testing and creating automated tests.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Coordinate with other teams to assure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components
- Consistently improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Champion quality throughout the development process
- 1-3 years automated testing experience.
- Must have experience writing automated tests with tools like Selenium/WebDriver and Appium
- Familiarity with SQL and data-driven automated tests
- Experience programming in Java or Ruby
- At least one year of experience testing transactional web applications, including testing of RESTful web services and client-side presentation functionality.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems, Continuous Delivery pipelines and Integration Testing, a plus
- Web based financial services experience, a plus
- Strong ability to communicate complex problems.
- Strong ability to consider and think through complex dependencies.
- The creative ability to find ways to break software.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS - EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Sagemaker, etc
- Ruby and Python
- Rails, Chalice, Sinatra
- QA test suite - Java, Cucumber
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress policy
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city. We also allow remote work from the Ukraine.
- Equal opportunity employer