Headquartered in Birmingham, AL (Riverchase), ProctorU a growing software business (recently partnered with Google) on a mission to uphold the integrity of academic and professional testing. We use technology - not to "catch cheaters" - but to build trust in the expansion of access to education. Our team is responsible for building and supporting digital solutions trusted by over 1,000 institutions in 129 countries who administer over 2,000,000 exams per year and we plan to continue growing!
Our Engineering team gets to innovate and experiment daily with some of the latest technologies in our industry for a product that is paving the way in our space. We are always looking for opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun with each other. Our team has a fun environment that encourages individuality, collaboration, and creative problem solving and we are currently looking for additional talent to join us. Individuals are responsible for understanding challenges and issues that could be solved with technology and creating solutions for both staff and institutional partners. In a leadership capacity, the main area of responsibility will be to establish clear lines of communication between staff, partners and other members of their scrum team: understanding their needs and working to provide a programmatic solution to solve an issue or create a tool to support an unmet need.
Live+ uses a multi-layered approach to proctoring. Live proctors are augmented by AI that helps flag suspicious activity, and the whole process is overseen by interventionists who routinely audit live sessions and are specifically trained to deal with potential breaches of integrity. Read more here:
The things you'll do:
- Use creativity, predictable patterns, and problem-solving to craft elegant software products used by some of the most admired companies in the world: Google, Oracle, Mulesoft
- Help us somplete the transition from a waterfall model to a state of the art agile shop (we're "this close"
- Prepare reference, documentation, and testing methodologies for applications and related errors
- Provide mentoring and leadership to other Software Crafters and Programmers
- Review code created by other Software Crafters and Programmers
- Tests base-cases and outliers
- Create project milestones, deliverables and timelines for implementation
- Complete implementation, testing, and documentation of development projects and tasks
- Arrange project/milestone in programming sequence
- Provide timely project deliverables based on implementation plan
If you are a senior craftsperson and know ASP.net Core MVC / Javaspring and/or Python and are willing to learn the rest, we'd like to talk!
The values you already have:
The benefits you’ll get:
- Integrity. Honest, open and ethical practices
- Service. Remarkable service and personal leadership
- Innovation. Anticipate, challenge, and create
- Respect. Debate, collaborate and appreciate each other
- Excellence. Quality through relentless improvement
- Results. Uncompromising accountability and outcomes
- BCBS Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance with generous employer funding for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account with generous employer funding
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability plans
- Company- paid life insurance
- Company-subsidized pet insurance
- Reimbursements for professional development, student loan debt, child care costs, gym memberships, home gym equipment, and massage therapy
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual working environment
- ProctorU Receives Second Patent
- ProctorU partners with Google
- ProctorU Intros AI-Based Online Proctoring
- Our Reaction to the Varsity Blues Scandal
Learn more at www.proctoru.com [https://www.proctoru.com/]!