Chargify is a subscription and recurring billing management platform. Founded in 2009, our 10 years of experience and strong, stable product places us at the forefront of this exciting and expanding industry.
Our tech stack consists primarily of Ruby on Rails applications hosted in an AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment. In addition to Ruby, we have a constellation of other apps written in Go and Elixir. For datastores, we use and manage MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis in an environment engineered for high availability. Security and resiliency are always a top priority - we are PCI DSS Level 1 compliant and issue a SOC 1 Type 2 report.
About the Position
We’re seeking a Rails Infrastructure Engineer with experience deploying and managing Rails applications at a scale like ours.
We have a custom Rails application called "Skipper" that orchestrates the deployment of our other Rails applications. Developers access Skipper to deploy at the push of a button. With a focus on continuous delivery practices, we deploy updates many times a day across all of our applications.
- Maintain, update, and improve our Rails-based deployment app (Skipper)
- Improve the development team's ability to continuously deliver application updates through better tooling and elimination of bottlenecks
- Be part of the team that evolves our infrastructure globally
- Help us scale our SaaS platform (containers, auto-scaling, etc)
- Ensure a robust monitoring and alerting system
- Act as a liaison between the development team and the system operations team to ensure our capacity and infrastructure stays ahead of the curve
- Contribute to site uptime and reliability by finding and fixing hot spots
- Build and maintain internal tools and system
Nice to Have Experience:
- Extensive experience deploying and managing infrastructure for Rails apps
- Experience building and coding Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience managing scalable systems working under heavy load with large datasets
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools and practices such as Terraform and/or Ansible
- Managing and deploying AWS services
- Containers experience Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Database clustering management tools (Continuent/Tungsten)
- Payment processing and financial systems
- Company paid health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Start-up environment with a proven playbook
- Quarterly Wellness Programs
- In house learning programs
- Open planned time off policy
- No visa sponsorship is available for this position*
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.