Engineering Manager - Transportation
Stitch Fix's Operations / Transportation engineering team is looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Engineering Manager to join our team to help us move thinking forward. We create tools that support shipping carrier integrations (both US and UK), cost savings initiatives around transportation, shipping label generation and carrier tracking, and work with the algorithms team to continually enhance our shipping experience.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Stitchfix is known for. We are a distributed team that collaborates across 4 time-zones, and the UK!, and we love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitchfix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
You're excited about this opportunity because...
- You will ship features that will delight our internal users.
- You will plan and support career development for the members of your team.
- You will inspire and grow your team through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- You will partner with business partners, product management and design to help set priorities and plan the roadmap for your team.
- You will find, hire, and develop great humans that compliment each other as a team.
- You will facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders.
- You will drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality.
- You will recruit and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team.
- You will inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
We are excited about you because...
- You have 4+ years of leading and managing high-performance engineering teams, including some experience mentoring new managers.
- You have experience running teams in an Agile environment.
- You have previously managed remote teams. We use GitHub, Slack, and video conferencing extensively to collaborate.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers and managers.
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality.
- You have excellent communication skills.
Our technology stack...
- Ruby and Rails
- Angular and React
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.