FullStack Labs is a leading software consultancy seeking creative and skilled developers to join our fast growing team. Our mission is to design and develop technology that improves the lives of its users, while providing an exceptionally high level of service to our clients.
We are seeking candidates with both technical Software Development skills and Project Management skills. We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
We have minimum requirements of 5 years of professional Software Development experience AND 2 years of Project Management experience. If you do not meet BOTH of these requirements, your application will not be considered.
Our team of 50+ professionals is distributed across our three offices in California, Washington D.C., and Barranquilla Colombia. Additionally, many of our team members who aren’t located near one of our offices, work remotely. We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with health insurance, overtime pay, PTO, etc.
If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
What You'll Be Doing
- Coding (experience in React, React Native, and/or Ruby on Rails preferred).
- You will also be responsible for managing 1 - 3 software development projects at a time (depending on the size of the project).
- Management responsibilities will include:
- Architecting complex custom software solutions.
- Performing technical reviews and ensuring high standards of code quality.
- Assisting developers with particularly challenging coding problems.
- Client communication.
- Sprint planning.
- Helping estimate sprints, projects, delivery milestones, etc.
- Running daily standups.
- Coordinating work across a remote development team (designers, QA, developers, client).
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Enforcing technical best practices.
This is a Sacramento-based position. You must be available to work full-time in the Sacramento area.
- Must be technical and a senior level developer with recent experience building complex software solutions using React.js, React Native, Node, Ruby on Rails, or similar languages. 5+ years of software development experience is required.
- High level of ownership.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and figure things out.
- You're a professional that takes pride in your work.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire to continually improve and learn.
- Team player who is open to receiving, and acting on feedback.
- Excellent time management skills. You're able to pivot quickly from one contextual focus to another easily.
- You have a well defined knowledge of modern application development (Ruby, PHP, JS, SQL, React, Angular, etc.) You should be able to advise on architectural decisions related to a project and be able to determine "bad" from good during code reviews.
- You're comfortable communicating and working over video calls using Zoom, hangouts, etc. A good portion of your week will be spent communicating with clients. You should have a calm, professional demeanor, be prepared for meetings, and always be on time.
- Ability to manage and guide junior developers. Your team will look up to you to define the morale and pace of the project, this should be a natural extension of your personality.
- A commitment to quality at all times. It’s critical that you understand the difference between a good app and a bad one. You must be able to determine what clients / users will want, then have the ability to direct your team to build it.
- Ability to lead and motivate your team.
- Ability to ensure our project management process is being followed.
- Experience leading teams using agile / scrum.
- Experience with Jira.
We’re a medium-size team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation with overtime pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision, HSA, and 401k w/ 4% match.