With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers .
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers .
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results , develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Director, Performance Engineering, the Principle Performance Engineering will establish performance engineering strategy, framework, standards, tools and roadmap to support performance engineering transformation for Finastra Retail Banking and Digital solutions Platform. The Principle Performance Engineer will also work closely with DevOps, Product and Infrastructure Architecture and other Performance Engineering team members to drive the performance of Finastra solutions to levels exceeding customer expectations. In addition, the Principle Performance Engineer will technically lead and provide strategic and tactical vision to 3-5 Junior Performance testers/engineers. He/She will work with cross-functional teams to assess and improve performance monitoring capabilities, rigorously simulate solution usage, evaluate performance, and identify improvements. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work & prioritize multiple concurrent performance engineering projects.
The Principle Performance Lead Engineer is a Performance Engineering SME and senior technical leader who will understand the current solutions in order to create the performance engineering strategy and roadmap for designated solutions and assist in influencing, change management and continuous performance engineering across SDLC. He / She will also create the Non Functional Requirements, enterprise level KPIs (Key performance indicators) and Metrics to demonstrate the value of performance engineering.
The Principle Performance Engineer will also be responsible to define the Continues Monitoring strategy, standards and charter to create highly robust solutions which run 24x7 with Zero down time with one Finastra perspective to focus on enterprise value through the right level of standardization. He/she will also be driving the adoption of monitoring from development to production through continues monitoring strategy leveraging CI/CD pipeline, Error Budget and enforcing quality gates.
He/she will apply production ready monitoring and observation, release engineering, monitoring, self-healing, incident management, and problem management and will collaborate with other to design, build, and continuously improve systems that meet service-level objectives (SLOs).
Yoru deliverables as a Principle Performance Engineer will include, but not limited to the following:
- Define performance engineering standards, frameworks, best practices, and tools
- Embed Performance Engineering in SDLC leveraging Agile/Sprint methodology
- Define tools to simulate and monitor key performance metrics as required
- Benchmark Production and Non Production Performance Test Labs for baselining and ensure accuracy of test simulation
- Implement Application Performance Monitoring (AppDynamics or Dynatrace) tools and requirements for Non prod and production in partnership with Dev Engineering and IT Operations teams.
- Embed performance tests process into Continuous Delivery process with Release Engineering and Devops team
- Create performance NFE (Non Functional Engineering) guidelines and requirements working with Performance Engineering Center of Excellence.
- Provide education and training of Performance Engineering and Testing related tools
- Build and oversee the processes to proactively manage solution performance
- Oversee the consolidation, analysis, and presentation of performance data in production environments and throughout the software development lifecycle
- Act as a Performance Architect and work with Product Solution and Infrastructure Architects and Product Development leaders to identify and test improvements, understand customer usage patterns, and recommend architectural and tuning improvements to increase performance and scalability
- Make recommendations on design direction, performance criteria, and work with the cross-functional performance teams in addressing improvements
- Work with cross-functional groups to address critical customer issues and maximize performance
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Oversight and guidance of new product initiatives ensuring adherence to architectural principles
- Minimum 15 years of progressive technical experience in software development, design, architecture roles
- Experience in working with cross functional teams (R&D, DevOps, Architecture, Production) for strategically drive Performance engineering and testing transformation
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Performance testing of high volume transaction system such as Digital Retail Banking Solutions
- Minimum 8+ years of practical experience in performance architecture, design and engineering (not just performance testing)
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in establishing performance engineering standards, frameworks, best practices, and tools aligned with SDLC phases ( Must have at least one full cycle performance engineering strategy/CoE implementation experience)
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing software applications to characterize customer usage patterns, scenarios, simulation and profiling
- 10+ years of experience with load testing tools (JMeter, Load Runner, HP Performance center, StormRunner, Gatling)
- Experience in Capacity, Sizing and Prod Like performance lab creation leveraging Cloud.
- 5+ years of experience with application and system profiling tools (DTrace, AQtime, JProfiler or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience in Automated Performance Testing in CICD pipeline
- Experience in Grafana, Elastic automated performance test visualization and continuous monitoring
- 3+ Experience in SRE/DevOPs environment to drive continues monitoring strategy from Dev to production
- Experience in resilience and Chaos testing
- Experience with at least one APM tool / solution (AppDynamics, NewRelic, Dynatrace or equivalent) implementation
- Experience with Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services
- Expertise in Performance engineering, analysis, profiling and tuning for technologies – Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, ProstGres DB, MIcroservices/ API, Hyper scale, PGBouncer and Nginx.
- Experience in Performance Engineering and Testing of Web (Angular, NodeJS), Mobile channels leveraging (Android, IOS and Windows)
- Expertise with Linux/Solaris OS experience.
- Expertise with NoSQL, PostGreSQL database technologies.
- Extensive hands-on development experience in a performance engineering role, preferably with Cloud/SOA/Micro services/API based enterprise solutions
- Experiences with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with the Kubernetes Containers, Docker deployment in Azure or Amazon Cloud is a plus
- Expert knowledge in all aspects to Performance Engineering including SDLC & Architecture, Performance validation ( profiling, tuning, workload simulation, benchmarking & testing), Capacity Planning, Application Performance Monitoring and problem detection and resolution.
- Strong ability to identify potential architecture limitations and resolve software & infrastructure performance issues
- Full stack, end-to-end, understanding of throughput, latency, memory, and CPU utilization in a multi-tiered architecture environment
- Strong fundamental knowledge in Performance tuning and optimization and optimal tuning guidelines for production setup – JVM, Pool, logs, App/Web server, DB, OS, etc.
- Documentation of application performance benchmarks and its characteristics
- Expert in definition of Non-functional requirements(NFRs) and validation of NFRs in architecture, design, build phases
- Expert knowledge in end to end profiling, tuning, recommendations for overall system scalability
- Expert knowledge in volumetric, sizing/estimation and modeling
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.
The Future is Collaborative . The Future is Open. The Future is Now.