Insignia Technology Services is a leading provider of information technology solutions and services for Federal and Commercial customers. We specialize in full Systems Development Life Cycle support of complex, Enterprise-class IT systems running in mission-critical, high-availability environments.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team in Austin, TX who has a passion for creating innovative solutions to meet our customer’s business needs. Our team is currently supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Financial Services Center (FSC). Work is to be performed on site at the VA FSC facilities in Austin, TX. If you are excited about working with a great team and with the latest technologies including AWS cloud computing, then please send us your resume.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum processes including speaking up and giving your opinion
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on tasks (design, code, test, Ci/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in one of the following: Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience. 2 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in object-oriented design, development, testing, and deployment of mission critical business applications, at least 3 of which are in a web/client-server environment.
- Experienced in build and integration with RESTful APIs
- Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management with Open Source tools such as AWS, Docker, Git/GitHub, RSpec, Cucumber, Travis, PivotalTracker and Jira
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Advanced Ruby on Rails and RESTful architecture
- Ability to interpret product architecture and system design
- Strong Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and programming
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in relational databases and query optimization
- Experience utilizing Haml, CoffeeScript and jQuery
- Must have experience performing automated testing (TDD/BDD). Our team currently uses RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara
- Strong cross-team communications and collaboration skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust, BI clearance
- Regular on-time and on-site attendance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Some travel may be required
- Experience using Angular
- Familiarity with DevOps developing, deploying, and maintaining applications on Amazon Web Services is a plus (S3, SQS, SES, OpsWorks, CloudFront, Route 53)
- Previous Veterans Affairs (VA) work experience
- Active Public Trust, Background Investigation (BI) clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The duties of this position require a candidate to successfully receive and maintain a security clearance.
VA facilities located at the main FSC office, 7600 Metropolis Drive, Building 5, Austin, TX 78744. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may require up to 10% travel.
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
It is Insignia Technology Services, LLC policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.