WHO WE ARE
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. We work to connect people with the food they want to eat. While we began by only providing 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef to our members, we have since expanded our offerings to include free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon and more.
The team at ButcherBox believes in a healthier food system where everyone has access to meat the way Nature intended: from animals that are humanely raised and never given any antibiotics or added hormones. ButcherBox exists to ensure that access to high-quality meat you can trust is convenient. We provide better meat for a better you.
Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for amazing people to join our mission.
- Working with and maintaining restful APIs
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bonus: A degree in Computer Science or a related field
The ideal candidate will have:
- A very supportive team, a culture of "do your job" autonomy, and access to all levels of the organization
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employee stock options
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Unlimited time off policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Free box of meat each month
- Free gym membership.
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer working with OOP
- Proficiency with a server-side programming language such as PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, or Go
- Experience developing on an MVC framework such as Laravel, Ruby on Rails, or Django
- Practical hands-on experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of object-oriented programming principles such as SOLID or DDD
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.