POSITION: DevOps Software Engineer - Skill Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a DevOps Software Engineer to support a cloud diagnostics project on a long-term, classified contract located in the Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD area!
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers, analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes, and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints, perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
*Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree*
Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / TOOLS:
- Within the last fourteen (14) years, a minimum of seven (7) years of experience with a minimum of two (2) of the following programming languages:
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of three (3) years' experience working with at least two (2) of the following operating systems:
- Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora, Montavista), Windows 00/XP/Vista/7/8, Windows 2000/2003 Server, Mac OS X (Lion), Unix, SELinux, Android, iOS, micro-kernels.
- Container framework experience (i.e. Docker, GKE, etc.) is REQUIRED.
PREFERRED SKILLS (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience managing AWS resources, Postgres, TimescaleDB, Rook, SEPH, Helm.
- *BIG PLUS*: experience with Kubernetes (especially in AWS), Ansible, Salt, Puppet.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.