We are seeking a mid- level, or senior Front End developer to join our client's product and client-services development teams. Candidates we expect to be a culture fit are pragmatic, community involved, and rabid about learning new things.
You will be assisted by a team of UI/UX designers, and support developers - some of the smartest, knowledge-hungry people in the industry. In addition to working with great people, we’re pretty proud to work with some amazing clients. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to our platform to keep our product as competitive and impressive as possible.
Your day to day:
- Working with our team of designers to ensure their brilliant vision is delivered seamlessly into a highly optimized web and mobile experience
- Collaborating with back-end developers to create the building blocks that will allow you to deliver a gorgeous, well structured interface
- Optimizing HTML/CSS/JS code to ensure high performance interfaces
- Making the world a better place with W3C & WCAG standards
- Grow your professional repertoire by exploring new alternatives to old solutions with the help and encouragement of an all star team
- 3+ years experience in web development
- Sr. knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch
- Firm grasp of Responsive Web Design principles
- Version Control (i.e. Git)
- Responsive design implementation experience
- Knowledge of accessibility
- Standards-compliant and cross-browser compatible code
- Firm understanding of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Understands the importance of web site performance and is motivated to design for extreme optimization and UX
- Ability to self manage your work load and no hesitation about raising concerns or ideas to the team
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with development teams or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers/stakeholders in a collaborative environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Ecommerce / Online Shopping sites a huge plus.
- Experience with Magento, Weblinc or Shopify even better.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA) and AODA
- Experience with task runners such as Grunt/Gulp and the creation of workflows
- Basic knowledge of PHP / Ruby on Rails
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused