True Botanicals is a fast-growing, well-funded, direct-to-consumer beauty brand on a mission to prove that we do not—and should not—have to choose between safe, natural products and luxurious, effective ones.
Our innovative formulas are raising the bar on ingredients (made with the highest-quality, sustainable materials), performance (backed by clinical trials), and safety (certified nontoxic by Made Safe). And word has gotten out: we’ve been featured in influential publications from Vogueto The Wall Street Journal, and we’ve won the support of influencers and celebrities, including Olivia Wilde, our Chief Brand Activist.
Based in San Francisco, California, our small but big-hearted team is comprised of passionate individuals with diverse resumes, including former Levi’s, CondéNast, and The RealReal employees, who are motivated to transform the beauty industry. Together, we aim to inspire and empower women to take the best care of themselves, each other, and the planet—one step, one product at a time.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineering to join our team. You are an energetic self-starter who loves bringing to life business objectives with current and sound technical solutions. You will be the primary technical resource across the company and the owner of all software architecture decisions. This is a foundational piece of a growing engineering function within the organization with lots of opportunity for growth.
What you'll do:
- Act as the company’s primary technical resource and owner of architecture decisions
- Solve technical problems and clearly communicate solutions to team members
- Translate business requirements into fully functioning features, adhering to best practices
- Research, advise and lead 3rd party integrations
- Manage nearshore/offshore development resources
- Deliver high output as an individual contributor while meeting deadlines
- Manage the quality of the code and production releases
- Maintain proper documentation for team consumption and onboarding
- Perform code reviews, with valuable feedback and mentoring
- 5+ years of software development experience across the full stack, with a passion for front-end architecture as well as a driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- 2+ years of Shopify & Shopify Plus development experience, including Shopify APIs, Liquid templates, building custom themes and features from scratch as well as heavy modifications to existing elements
- Proficient in converting design mockups into interactive digital experiences
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, with an ability to mitigate risk, communicate effectively, and facilitate problem resolution
- Ability to self-manage and motivate, to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time, using sound judgment
- Node experience is a plus. Ruby on Rails experience is a nice-to-have.
Job Type: Full-time