Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to transform an industry? Crave new challenges and solving hard customer problems using the latest in software technology?
As a Junior Developer at The Brandit Agency, you will use the latest technologies to create amazing, customer-focused systems. Come help us re-imagine our solutions to provide world-class, best of breed solutions to delight our customers.
As the role is set in a fast-paced and digitally-centric environment, it calls for a multitasker who is energetic, customer-oriented, thinks well outside-the-box, works well with others and loves a challenge!
The Brandit Agency is the premier promotional products and design agency for large companies such as Metro by T-Mobile, T-Mobile, 7-11, Allergen Pharma and United Way. We’re looking for an organized and driven Junior Developer to join our growing team in Vero Beach, FL. We’re an energetic group and are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization.
As a Junior Developer, your main responsibility is working on projects outlined by the Director of Technology and Senior Development Teams. It involves working closely with Creatives, UX and Developers and being open to following and evolving with our programming patterns and conventions as they are set out.
- Support the technology initiatives set forth by management across all groups
- Work along-side Senior Development team on integral projects
- Evolve over time with company and groups to effectively support growth
- Provide support for all groups across all products
- Focus on the role of technology at Brandit and how best to increase efficiencies
- Develop, support and maintain to a very high standard all tech solutions at Brandit
- Laravel 5.x and/or MVC (a plus)
- React (a plus)
- Ruby on Rails (a plus)
- Magento 1.9 (a plus)
- Exposure in creating and implementing server side APIs (JSON, REST, SOAP) (a plus)
- Knowledge of SQL Preferred with exposure to PostgreSQL. (a plus)
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for both internal departments and external customers.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous tasks.
- Willingness to learn new ideas / languages / concepts.
- In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/equivalent plus 3 years’ experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Technology sector: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused