Code.org is transforming computer science education and changing the world. Working at Code.org, you’ll be playing an active role in getting computer science education into all schools for all students and building the competitive workforce of the future.
As Software Engineer at Code.org, you’ll be delivering features in Code Studio, used by tens of millions of students and teachers in K-12 classrooms around the world. You’ll be part of an agile, fast-moving team where you get to deliver features to customers quickly and frequently. You’ll get to work on hard computer science problems and use some of the latest web technologies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role you should have:
In addition, you:
- Passion for our mission of increasing access to computer science education;
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a related field;
- 6+ years as a software engineer working with Frontend technologies;
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with these specific technologies is helpful, but not required: * React
- MySQL and related database concepts
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
If hired, Code.org offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
- Flexible, engaging working environment
- Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
- Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
- Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
- The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science