About the Role
Human Agency Platform is a venture backed, software product company that building tools to democratize the internet.
We are seeking a Ruby Engineer that shares our passion for change. As a Ruby Engineer, you will be working on our ad platform, which allows anyone to harness the power of crowdsourced digital advertising.
On this platform, you and a team of 8 engineers will be using Extreme Programming methodologies (TDD and pair programming) to integrate Facebook and Google APIs into a real time, crowdsourced advertising paradigm using:
- Ruby on Rails
What a Senior Ruby Engineer does:
- Ship Great Software:
- Pair program on new features and bug fixes.
- Recognize and address scalability and concurrency issues.
- Conduct technical research and spikes around Facebook and Google API integrations.
- Provide constant vigilance of security vulnerabilities.
- Share Knowledge:
- Champion the use of TDD, VIM, and TMUX.
- Onboard new team members on project architecture and best practices.
- Introduce new tools and techniques that make the team more effective.
- Perform code reviews to ensure clean code and good architecture.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 5+ years experience growing web applications using Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec.
- Have deep conviction in using TDD to write code.
- Have VIM set as your primary editor.
- Have experience working with Extreme Programming techniques.
- Have integrated third party APIs in a Rails app.
- Have a thorough understanding of Rails exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Love to see positive change in the world.
- You call (or would like to call) Saint Louis your home.
You also may:
- Have experience working in a highly concurrent Ruby application.
- Have experience working with the Facebook Marketing API or the Google Ads API.
- Love to travel and experience new places and cultures (Travel opportunities and adventures are available, but not required).