About the Role
We believe that a democracy can only exist if everyone has a voice and in turn everyone has access to authentic and true information.
That's why Human Agency has built a platform that enables politically motivated individuals and grass root organizations to:
- Spread awareness around issues of global and national importance.
- Create *measurable* impact by telling stories.
- Crowdsource money around messages so that everyone can have an equal voice.
We are looking to expand our team to build new ways for our customers to spread their message and impact change.
Human Agency is a Higher Ground Labs"18 startup.
Life as a Human Agency Engineer:
- You work closely with a small team and use Extreme Programming methodologies, like TDD and pair programming, to integrate Facebook and Google APIs.
- You and your team deploy early and often in 1 week sprints so that we can always deliver value to the customer.
- You work from home occasionally, but generally like to work onsite at each office to have face to face conversations.
- You use VIM and TMUX so that everyone has a common language when pair programming.
- You bring new technologies to the table, but your go to technologies are:
- Ruby on Rails
Here are a few responsibilities that go with the job:
- Ship Great Software:
- Pair program on new features and bug fixes.
- Recognize and address scalability and concurrency issues.
- Conduct technical research and spikes around Facebook and Google API integrations.
- Provide constant vigilance of security vulnerabilities.
- Share Knowledge:
- Champion the use of TDD, VIM, and TMUX.
- Onboard new team members on project architecture and best practices.
- Introduce new tools and techniques that make the team more effective.
- Perform code reviews to ensure clean code and good architecture.
- Always Ship:
- Work with the product owner to estimate and refine user stories.
- Brainstorm the simplest way to meet user functionality.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 5+ years experience growing web applications using Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec.
- Have deep conviction in using TDD to write code.
- Have VIM set as your primary editor.
- Have experience working with Extreme Programming techniques.
- Have integrated third party APIs in a Rails app.
- Have a thorough understanding of Rails exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Love to see positive change in the world.
- You call (or would like to call) Saint Louis your home.
- Have experience working in a highly concurrent Ruby application.
- Have experience working with the Facebook Marketing API or the Google Ads API.
- Love to travel and experience new places and cultures (Travel opportunities and adventures are available, but not required).