Founded in 2013, OYO is the world's fastest growing hotel network operating over 500+ cities 12000+ hotels and 330,000+ rooms across 10+ countries including India, China, Japan, Malaysia, UAE, Indonesia and UK.
A global disruptor from India, OYO has received several accolades including Economic Times Startup of the Year (2018), LinkedIn Top Employer in India (2018), Express IT Startup of the Year Award (2015), NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year (2016) and IAMAI Digital Startup of the Year (2016). It was recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India every year since 2016. OYO is backed by leading global investors, including the SoftBank Group, China Lodging, Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Technology is a core driver of every aspect of OYO’s business, from supply discovery, hotel onboarding, transformation, CX management, booking and post booking experience, to running efficient hotel operations. Led by engineering leaders and principal engineers with extensive past experience at companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Adobe, OYO is proud to have one of the best technology teams anywhere in the world. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you don’t have to choose between complexity and scale and get to learn from some of the sharpest colleagues, OYO is the right place for you.
OYO in North America
Following its considerable success in India, OYO in now looking to transform the North America hospitality landscape by building a network of hotels, guest homes and holiday residences across the continent. As part of our ambitious expansion plans we are hiring software engineers for North America. Working with the local business teams and supported by our new Technology Center in Seattle, you will be responsible for conceiving, building and supporting the products and services we need to make OYO successful in North America. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and experienced software engineers who believes in the OYO mission and puts the customer first!
What we’re looking for
- Experienced backend developer with extensive work on Ruby, Java
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
- Advanced understanding of emerging web technologies
- Iterate, test new ideas and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
- Learn and use core Cloud technologies to design and then build available and scalable backend web services and customer-facing APIs.
- Create from the ground up a new, world-class user experience using the latest in front-end UX platforms and technologies.
- Deeply understand and work with with a variety of developer tools and product features across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from premier institute
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- 3+ years of strong hands-on development experience including at least 1.5 years of real-world web development experience using JSP, Java Servlets, Java Struts, Spring, & Hibernate
- Good understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, and frameworks
- Good RDBMS skills and experience in DB/SQL
- Experience with multiple technologies - LAMP, Ruby on Rails, Python, Perl, Java, PHP
- Exposure to MVC frameworks such as Rails, Spring, Django, CodeIgniter.
- Experience working with scripting language such as Pearl - to quickly roll our parsers for analysis and write small modules - is preferred
- Exposure to Postgres, Mysql (exposure to NoSQL database related technologies like MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike, Cassandra etc. is a plus)
Good to have
- Experience with SCRUM methodology or extreme programming is a great plus
- Exposure to app servers like JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Previous start-up experience or contribution to any open source project
- Experience working on DROOLS or any other rule engine and SOAP/string based API integrations.