Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, protect families and businesses, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
- Direct management of a handful of engineers with opportunities to grow
- A supportive management structure with minimal politics where delegation and autonomy are valued (all managers were engineers at one point)
- Ownership of an area of code and ability to set architectural direction
- Immediate team impact on spokeo.com and its millions of visitors (we release every two weeks and are looking towards continuous deployment)
- Opportunity to shape our development process and code quality
- Daily interaction with technologies such as Ruby on Rails, React, Node.js, CSS, Rspec, Elasticsearch, and SQL
Recruiters or staffing agencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years managing web application development teams
- 1+ years of guiding scrum-based teams (e.g. scrum master, technical lead etc.)
- Passion for and experience with building collaborative teams and high-quality software
- A team-first leadership style
- Excellent project management and communication skills
Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.