Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
We are hiring an experienced full-stack engineer who enjoys creating and is proficient in crafting the user experience of products as well as the under-the-hood components that make it all work.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a diverse technical experience that also embraces the human factors side of making tools that people depend on every day. We're looking for the person who can take a half-formed idea, turn it into a well-considered spec, and has the skills to turn that spec into reality, building the front-end and back-end components to produce the features that delight our customers.
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks (Grails, Rails, Django, Spring, etc.), knowing how to leverage framework time-savers as well as code custom service-layer logic
- Experience in working with APIs from various services and providers
- Experience writing automated tests (rspec, cucumber, jUnit, Spock, Geb, etc.)
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Experience listening to non-technical customers, turning discussions into specifications
- Intermediate level SQL skills (case logic, aggregate functions, cursors) and generally skilled at improving query performance
- Ability to manage one's own deliverables and timelines in a fast-moving environment
In this job you will:
- Create beautiful, elegant sites and tools that internal customers depend on and love to use.
- Function as a Customer Whisperer, understanding the needs of internal users both spoken and unspoken, divining their deepest, darkest wishes, and intuiting their future needs
- Iterate solutions as the needs of the enterprise change and grow over time
- Produce clean, performant and maintainable code
- Work with a high degree of freedom and be comfortable executing projects from start to finish.
- Utilize best practices in front end design and backend code
- Craft browser extensions that provide just-in-time information and functionality
- Use advanced SQL techniques to extract information from databases
- Leverage internal and external APIs to combine data and update internal and external systems
- Ensure reliability of delivered code with liberal use of various testing frameworks
- Gain some devops experience building and deploying projects
Preferred but not required:
- Groovy & Grails
- JQuery & ES6
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.