Excidion, Inc., a well-established national consulting firm, is looking to hire Full-Stack Sofware Developers and DevOps Consultants with strong expertise in Containerization and Virtualization. This candidate will join a highly skilled team that supports a distinguished federal client based in Alexandria, VA. This job is ONLY available to U.S. Citizens who either already have or are able to successfully obtain a DHS/CBP Security Clearance!
The ideal candidate must have very strong experience work with, and building applications in Docker Containers. This role involves implementing and improving various containerization technology strategies that are already in place at the client. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring highly complex and mission-critical applications and ensuring our container orchestration infrastructure is highly available.
Candidate must have knowledge about container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools for these orchestration tools. They will also be responsible for building and improving existing application CI/CD pipelines and keeping themselves up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
Candidate must have a commitment to continual learning, a very strong work ethic, and the ability to be on call outside of normal work hours. There will be some opportunity for occasional remote work, but majority of this work will be on-site in Alexandria, VA for the next year+ and will subsequently move to Loudoun County.
- Support project execution activities from implementation through operational readiness
Develop and engineer highly available systems on Docker Container Infrastructure (using DockerSwarm and/or Kubernetes)
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines (Atlassian Bamboo, Ansible, Ruby, etc.)
- Provide support for Agile Development and O&M teams in the following areas (DockerInfrastructure, CI/CD and DevOps pipelines, troubleshooting, application performance tuning & analysis, Static Code Analysis, etc.)
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting with tools such as: Prometheus/Grafana, AppDynamics
- Provide software development and support of various existing applications written in Java(Spring Boot), Ruby on Rails
- Participate in on-call and weekend rotations -- REQUIRED
- Performs other duties as required
- 5-7+ years of experience in system design and implementation that directly aligns with the specific duties outlined above for this position. (Required)
- Proven design / implementation experience: Docker CE and EE Swarm/Kubernetes
- Strong experience in implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines such asGitlab/Jenkins/Bamboo (preferred)
- Proven experience designing / deploying virtual infrastructure using AWS services(e.g. EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS, EFS, EBS, Route53 & S3 or comparable virtualization / Cloud experience)
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity,Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, etc.
- Experience working in a DevOps and Agile Development environment
- Working with APM, monitoring, and logging tools (New Relic, Prometheus, DataDog, Splunk)
Prior experience in SQL and working with database technologies like Postgres, MySQL,SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Understanding of OOP concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting and automation is strongly preferred (Python,Shell/Powershell, Ansible, Chef/Puppet)
- Experience with Git (GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Experience with project management tools like Jira, Trello.
- Proven ability to successfully relate to varying levels of functional and technical personnel
- Proven ability to work with software development engineers for problem reproduction and resolution
- Ability to inform selection of appropriate open source tools and frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Education & Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, management information systems, or other related technical mathematic, scientific, research discipline or related field.
- Docker Certified Associate (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- CI/CD: 4 years (Required)
- Cloud Computing: 3 years (Required)
- Docker Container: 2 years (Required)
- Java: 4 years (Required)
- Shell Scripting: 2 years (Required)
- U.S. Citizenship: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off