At Meraki, we're making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day. As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer on a product team, you will collaborate with firmware engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
Meraki's product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You'll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have A BA/BS in EE or CS or a related technical field.
- Have 7+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have 3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux)
- Have 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails.
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Take complete ownership from conception through to production release and have the ability to influence, facilitate and work collaboratively across teams.
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
Bonus points for:
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.
- Experience in Software-Defined Access (SDA), Intent-based networking.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference – it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.